Queso con Carne
I’m sure you have an arsenal of quality party foods to top your table as you gather with friends and family to watch basketball this month. We just can’t resist sharing our favorites with you, so here’s one more. Just in queso…
- 1 lb ground beef
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
1 (16 oz) jar Holmes Made Hot Roasted Green Chili Salsa
- 3 cups half & half
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
- tortilla chips, for serving
Brown the beef in a Lodge Logic 7 quart dutch oven with the Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning.
- When the beef is browned, add the Holmes Made Hot Roasted Green Chili Salsa and half and half. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the cream cheese. Whisk until the cheese is melted. Combine the grated cheeses with the cornstarch. Toss to coat the cheese in the cornstarch.
- Add the grated cheeses a handful at a time, whisking to incorporate. When one handful has melted, add the next. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
We’re utilizing the power of the Napoleon Prestige 500‘s infrared side burner, to get this queso knocked out in no time.
The recipe below makes a fairly mild queso. If you want a little more heat just keep pouring in the Cattleman's Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning!
Half and half for a really creamy dip.
- Serving Size
- 8.44 oz
- per serving
- 9 grams
- 29 grams
- 35 grams
- 559 milligrams