Pulled Pork Nachos
Experience the taste-packed punch of Pulled Pork Nachos! Our recipe starts with a hearty base of shredded pepper jack, cheddar and asadero cheese and jalapeno peppers, complete with scratch-made pulled pork and creamy avocado for the ultimate flavor sensation!
- Bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- Mixture of cheeses, shredded (pepper jack, mild cheddar, asadero)
- Jalapeño peppers
- Sour cream
- Pulled pork (recipe below)
- Roma tomato, diced
- Avocado, diced
Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade and Injection
Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- Trim all hard fat from the pork shoulder and inject with Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade and Injection. Rub the shoulder with Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning and let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours to let the rub rehydrate and adhere to the pork shoulder.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 (or other smoker) set up in indirect mode to 250°F. Place the pork shoulder directly on the grate and cook until the desired color is achieved (150°F to 160°F). Next, wrap well in foil (use two layers to seal in juices and keep meat from steaming) and cook until internal temp is 200°F to 205°F (use the Maverick PT-75 thermometer for fast and accurate temperature readings).
- Let the pork rest for an hour then pull with a set of Meatrake Shredding Tools or Bear Paws Pork Pullers.
- Layer chips, cheese, jalapeños, and pulled pork in a 12" cast iron skillet. Sprinkle Cattleman's Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Rub on top. Preheat your grill to 350°F. Bake the nachos until the cheese is melted (20 minutes on average).
- Top with diced tomato, avocado, and sour cream. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was prepared on a Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill.
- Serving Size
- 6.29 oz
- per serving
- 32 grams
- 20 grams
- 20 grams
- 984 milligrams