Chef Tom whips up a Southern staple, Pimento Cheese, then fires up the Kamado Joe Ceramic Charcoal grill and smothers his burgers with the spread. This is the Pimento Cheese Burger!
Pimento Cheese Burger
Chef Tom makes a classic Southern Pimento Cheese, spreads it generously on a burger, and grills it to perfection on a Kamado Joe Ceramic Charcoal Grill. Experience the deliciousness of this mouth-watering Pimento Cheese Burger!
- 2 lb ground beef/brisket
R Butts R Smokin’ R Beef BBQ Rub
- 6 brioche buns
- 6 slices bacon
- Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
- Tomato, sliced thin
Holmes Made Dad’s Spicy Garlic Dill Pickles
- 4 oz sharp yellow cheddar, grated
- 4 oz horseradish cheddar, grated
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz diced canned/jarred pimentos, rinsed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp Kozlik’s Dijon Classique
1 1/2 tsp Heat Maverick’s Anti Gravity Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh chives, minced
For the pimento spread: 1/4 cup per burger
- Combine ingredients for the pimento spread in a mixing bowl and mix well until incorporated.
- Build a hot coal base in the Kamado Joe Classic III. Temperature should be stabilized between 450°F and 500°F. Bank the hot coals to one side. Place a half moon GrillGrate panel on the standard grate, at the lower setting of the Divide and Conquer System, directly over the hot coals. On the cool side of the grill, place the Kamado Joe Half Moon Cast Iron Griddle, at the highest setting.
- Divide the ground beef/brisket into 6 (1/3 lb) patties. Place in the refrigerator until ready to grill.
- Toast the brioche bun in clarified butter on the griddle.
- Cook the bacon on the griddle. Remove from the grill.
- Season the burger patties with R Butts R Smokin’ R Beef Rub. Place the burgers on the half-moon GrillGrate panel, grilling to achieve grill marks on both sides. When the internal temperature reaches 140°F move them to the griddle and top each patty with 1/4 cup of the pimento cheese.
- Continue to cook the burgers to an internal temperature of 155°F. Remove from the griddle.
- To build the burger, cover the bottom bun with a leaf of butter lettuce. Top with the pickle, then tomato, place the burger patty on the tomato, then the bacon and top bun on the pimento cheese.
- Serving Size
- 14.16 oz
- per serving
- 41 grams
- 66 grams
- 55 grams
- 1567 milligrams