It’s not as crazy as it sounds, I promise. Ok, maybe it is, BUT it’s absolutely delicious. These Peanut Butter & Jelly Chicken Wings are a bite of nostalgia mixed with American barbecue as well as Asian flavors. It’s fusion-que at its best!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Chicken Wings
Tantalize your tastebuds with Chef Tom's fusion recipe for Peanut Butter & Jelly Chicken Wings! Try this perfect blend of American barbecue with a pop of Asian zing.
- 16 whole chicken wings
- Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime Rub, to taste
Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce, to taste
Kim’s Spicy Peanut Sauce, to taste
1 cup Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade
1 cup Kim’s Spicy Peanut Sauce
1/2 cup Holmes Made Raspberry Jalapeño Jam
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- water, as needed
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp green onion, minced
- 1 tsp Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime Rub
For the marinade:
For the Herbed Peanut Topping:
Place your whole chicken wings in an 8 Quart Briner Bucket.
Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a small pitcher or bowl. Blend using a hand blender. Add enough water to cover the wings and mix well. Lock the Briner Bucket plate in place to keep the wings submerged. Marinate overnight.
Build a bed of hot charcoal in your Yoder Smokers Flat Top Charcoal Grill. Leave enough room for indirect grilling, as well.
- Remove the wings from the marinade. Remove excess liquid from the surface with a towel. Season the wings with the Oakridge BBQ Chile Lime Seasoning.
- Grill the wings over direct heat to achieve some char. Flip and repeat. Lower the charcoal bed and/or move the wings to and indirect cooking zone (away from direct charcoal heat). Continue cooking the wings until the internal temperature reaches 170ºF. Remove from the grill.
- While the wings are cooking, combine all ingredients for the Herbed Peanut Topping.
- Immediately after removing the wings from the grill, toss in the Blues hog rasp chipotle sauce to coat.
- Serve the wings topped with the Herbed Peanut Topping and more of the Kim’s Spicy Peanut Sauce.
- Serving Size
- 4.77 oz
- per serving
- 6 grams
- 2 grams
- 20 grams
- 180 milligrams