No-Wrap Pork Butt
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for his No-Wrap Pork Butt. It's as easy as it sounds and produces an incredible bark with big smoke flavor!
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 260ºF.
- Before beginning to trim the pork butt, feel around the roast and trim any small bone fragments or hard cartilage that may be left on the surface. Score the fat cap about 1/4” deep. Flip the butt over and trim any excess fat on the surface. Find the seam near the bone side. Begin to pull the crevice open and carefully cut in-between the two muscles. Trim the excess fat, connective tissue and anything that is not meat from the inside of the opening.
- Inject the butt with Smoke on Wheels Pork Injection & Marinade inserting the needle every couple of inches in a grid pattern. After inserting the needle, move it around a bit to create a pocket and fill the pocket with injection until it begins to come back out.
- Pat the surface of the roast mostly dry with paper towels. Shake on a generous layer of Meat Church Honey Bacon BBQ Rub on all surfaces, including inside the crevice where you trimmed the fat and tissue earlier. Press the rub into the meat to help it attach, then season with Plowboys BBQ Yardbird Rub . Allow the rub to soak in to the meat at least 10 minutes before transferring to the grill.
Place the pork butt on the main cooking grate of the grill, on the far right side.
- Smoke the pork butt undisturbed until the internal temperature reaches 205ºF in the deepest part of the roast. Remove from the grill.
You might also enjoy: Barbecue Pork Spare Ribs
- Serving Size
- 8.13 oz
- per serving
- 0.8 grams
- 35.4 grams
- 24.8 grams
- 279 milligrams