Lobster Mac & Cheese
Chef Tom fires up the Napoleon Prestige gas grill for a creamy, cheesy, decadent Lobster Mac & Cheese!
- 2 lobster tails
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 12 oz cavatappi pasta
1 tbsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
1 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic, grated on the microplane
1 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 oz American cheese, grated
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/4 cup parmesan
2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
For the lobster:
For the pasta:
For the sauce:
For the topping:
- Preheat your Napoleon Grills Prestige 500 infrared side burner over high heat. Place the grate at the lower of the two levels.
- Fill a pot 1/2 full of water and bring to a boil on the side burner. Add a teaspoon of salt and the Cavatappi pasta. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Strain the pasta. Discard the water. Return the pasta to the pot. Toss with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking.
- Adjust the grate over the side burner to sit at the higher position, further away from the heat source.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, slice down through the lobster tail, splitting it right down the center. Using your fingers, work the flesh free from the shell and remove the tail meat completely from the shell.
- Season the lobster tail meat with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning.
- Grill the lobster tails, turning to brown evenly on the surface. Cook to 135ºF internal temperature. Remove from the grill and place in a bowl. Cover the bowl and set aside.
- Adjust the grate on the infrared side burner, to move it down and closer to the heat source. Place a Lodge 10” Cast Iron Skillet on the grate, over the burner. Pour the heavy cream into the skillet. Add the garlic and Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning. Bring to a simmer.
- Immediately reduce heat and begin to add your cheeses, a handful at a time. Whisk until one handful of cheese is melted into the sauce before adding the next, maintaining a low simmer and whisking constantly. When all the cheese is incorporated, remove the sauce from the heat.
Turn off heat to the side burner. In the main cooking chamber, light all four of the burners. Turn the two on the left to low heat and the two on the right to high heat.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the Cavatappi pasta. Dice the lobster meat into bite sized pieces, then add that to the pasta as well. Mix well. Transfer the Lobster Mac & Cheese back to the Lodge 10” Cast Iron Skillet.
- Combine the panko, parmesan and Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning in a small container. Mix well. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the Lobster Mac & Cheese.
- Place the skillet inside the grill, over the low heat. Close the lid. Cook until the topping begins to brown and the cheese sauce is bubbling around the edges, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the Lobster Mac & Cheese from the grill and serve warm.
You might also enjoy: Lamb & Sausage Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Serving Size
- 8.88 oz
- per serving
- 19 grams
- 19 grams
- 25 grams
- 743 milligrams