Try one of the classic French sauces on a KC Strip. Béarnaise Sauce is a smooth and flavorful sauce that goes great with lots of dishes, but really shines with red meats.
KC Strip Steak with Béarnaise Sauce
Experience the French flair of KC Strip Steak with Béarnaise Sauce! This classic pairing pairs beautifully with the tastiest steak cuts, creating a flavor-packed experience that will have your taste buds dancing. Enjoy the smooth, flavorful sauce and the sumptuousness of the steak's texture - magnifique!
- KC strip steaks
John Henry’s Cuz’n Buddy’s Marinade
Cattleman’s Grill Tri-tip Seasoning
- Béarnaise Sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, minced
1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 8 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup butter, melted
kosher salt to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
Place your steaks in a zip top bag with John Henry’s Cuz’n Buddy’s Marinade. Let marinate one hour. Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 450°F, set up with GrillGrates. Remove from marinade, pat dry, then season all sides with Cattleman’s Grill Tri-tip Seasoning.
- Grill the steaks on both sides to achieve nice grill marks. Grill to an internal temperature of 125°F. Check the internal temperature with an instant read thermometer. Remove from cooker. Serve topped with Béarnaise sauce.
- Put vinegar, wine, shallots, tarragon and peppercorns into a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to 2 tbsp, about 5 minutes. Strain the reduction through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- When the reduction has cooled to room temperature, add the yolks, salt and cayenne and whisk. Transfer to a food processor or blender. Melt the butter, then with the food processor running add the butter in a thin stream until entirely incorporated. Then add 1/4 cup warm water and the lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning, as necessary.
- Transfer the sauce to a metal bowl, and place on top of a pot of simmering water to keep warm until ready to serve. Whisk occasionally. If the sauce thickens, you may whisk in additional warm water until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serving Size
- 11.86 oz
- per serving
- 6 grams
- 73 grams
- 77 grams
- 911 milligrams