Hot Honey Pizza Tarts
These Hot Honey Pizza Tarts are as much fun to make as they are to eat. Gather up the whole family and bake this decadent, smoky and cheesy recipe that is sweeping the internet. Change up the ingredients to each person's preference and you'll have a meal that will be a winner for everyone in your household.
1/2 cup Reida Farm Pepper Infused Hot Honey
- 4 oz Calabrese Salami, sliced
- 2 oz Coppa Americano (or Prosciutto), sliced
- 12 oz (2 cups) smoked mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup Yo Mama’s Pizza Sauce
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed, sliced into 4 equal squares
- 1 egg, beaten (for brushing)
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated on microplane
- 4 (2 oz) each Burrata balls
8 tsp Colonial Chile Crunch
- 8 tsp fresh basil, chiffonade
Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 400ºF, with the Yoder Smokers Wood Fired Oven installed.
- Line two 18” x13” sheet pans with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with duck fat or vegetable oil.
- In your mind, divide the parchment paper into 4 quadrants. Each quadrant will contain one Hot Honey Pizza Tart. This recipe yields 8 servings, so you’ll be making two batches or pans of Hot Honey Pizza Tarts, one after the other.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of Reida Farm Pepper Infused Hot Honey in the center of each quadrant.
- Top the honey with two slices each of salami and coppa, spreading them to cover roughly the same size as the puff pastry squares.
- Top the sliced meats with grated smoked mozzarella, one quarter cup portion per tart. Spread evenly.
- Spread one tablespoon Yo Mama’s Pizza Sauce on each square of puff pastry. Lay the pastry on top of the cheese, sauced side down. Press the edges down to the pan.
- Brush the beaten egg on top of the puff pastry. Sprinkle with a small shake of Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning. Then, grate about one and a half tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano over each pastry using a microplane.
- Transfer the sheet pan to the Yoder smokers Wood Fired Oven. Close the door and set a timer for six minutes. At six minutes, spin the pan to cook evenly and set the timer for six more minutes. After twelve minutes the puff pastry should be golden brown, and the cheese should be melted. Remove the pan from the oven and repeat with the other half of the Hot Honey Pizza Tarts.
- Place a second sheet pan over the one fresh out of the oven. Flip it over and peel away the parchment from the Hot Honey Pizza Tarts.
- Top each Hot Honey Pizza Tart with a half burrata ball, one teaspoon Colonial Chile Crunch, one teaspoon chiffonade basil and a shake of Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning.
- Serving Size
- 1 pizza tart
- per serving
- 26 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 13 grams
- 90 milligrams
- 802 milligrams
- 27 grams
- .6 grams
- 19 grams
- 26 grams