We take a little twist on beer brats. Hard apple cider unlocks a rich flavor and provides a deeper apple taste.
Hard Cider Brats
Discover an apple-infused twist on beer brats with Hard Cider Brats! These juicy, delicious brats are made with hard apple cider, which brings out a robust and tasty flavor.
- 12 Bratwursts
- 3 Tart Apples
- 2 Large Onions
- 2 Pints Angry Orchard Apple Ginger Hard Cider
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Table Salt
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- Dice the apples into 1/2" pieces, removing the stems and seeds, and cut the onions into ringlets.
- Place the onions along the bottom of a foil pan and layer the brats into the pan on top of the onions. Pour the two pints of Angry Orchard hard cider (or enough to just cover the brats) into the pan and top with the diced apples.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 (or other cooker) to 350°F in indirect mode. Place the foil pan over indirect heat and let cook for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the brats from the bath and place them over direct heat to brown.
- Remove the pan, but reserve the hard cider, apple and onion mixture. With a slotted spoon, move the apples and onions to a pan. Over medium heat combine the butter, brown sugar, salt, and white pepper with the apples and onions and cook down until all liquid is gone and onions are translucent.
- Once the brats have browned to your desired doneness, serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 15 grams
- 12 grams
- 29 grams
- 942 milligrams