Grilled Shrimp Spring Rolls
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers Flattop Adjustable Charcoal Grill for Grilled Shrimp Spring Rolls. Fresh, light and bright with tons of flavor!
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
1 (16 oz) bottle Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade
Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 cucumber, thin sliced rounds
- 1/4 cup green onions, greens only, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 bundle vermicelli noodles
Heat Mavericks Where Did the Mango? Mango Habanero Hot Sauce, taste
- Sesame oil, to taste
Kim’s Gourmet Spicy Peanut Sauce, for dipping
- Place the shrimp in a small Briner Bucket and cover with Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade. Let soak at least 30 minutes.
- To soften the vermicelli noodles, bring a pot of water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add the noodles to the hot water. Let soak for 3-5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the water. Place in a small bowl with a drizzle of sesame oil to prevent sticking.
- Fill a charcoal chimney with lump charcoal. Place a fire starter under the chimney and light. When the charcoal is hot all the way to the top of the chimney, dump into the charcoal tray of the Yoder Smokers Flattop Adjustable Charcoal Grill.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade. Thread onto flat bamboo skewers. Season with Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head.
- Grill the shrimp over the hot coals until you get a slight char. Flip and continue cooking until the shrimp is opaque all the way to the center and fully cooked through. Remove from the grill. Let cool and remove from the skewers.
- To build the spring rolls, start by softening the rice paper is warm water. This should only take about 10-15 seconds. Remove from the water and transfer to a work surface soaked with a little water.
Place a pinch of the vermicelli noodle on the rice paper. Top with sliced cucumber, shredded carrots, sliced green onions and minced cilantro. Drizzle a little sesame oil over the veggies. Lay out four shrimp on top of the veggies. Top with a drizzle of Heat Mavericks Where Did the Mango? Mango Habanero Hot Sauce. Roll the rice paper around the fillings, as you would a burrito, as tight as possible, taking care not to tear the paper.
- Wrap the spring rolls individually in plastic wrap for storing. Serve cold with Kim’s Gourmet Spicy Peanut Sauce, for dipping.
You might also enjoy: Everything Bagel Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna
- Serving Size
- 11.64 oz
- per serving
- 51 grams
- 25.9 grams
- 2 grams
- 3117 milligrams