Why let the kids have all the fun? Make yourself a refreshing drink with the great recipe!
Grilled Lemon Shandy
Indulge in the perfect summer treat - a Grilled Lemon Shandy! Use fresh grilled lemons, ginger and your favorite craft beer to create a vibrant, delicious mix of warm flavors that will bring the sunshine to any backyard party.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 4 medium lemons, halved
- 1 lemon, sliced thick
- 1 tbsp sugar (for sprinkling the lemons)
- 6 pack of beer, something light, without any aggressive flavors
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water and the minced ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely.
- Preheat the SIZZLE ZONE side burner on your Napoleon Grills Prestige P500 RSIB, set to medium high heat. Sprinkle the cut sides of the lemons with a little sugar. Place them cut side down directly on the side burner.
- Grill the halved and sliced lemons until slightly charred. Juice the halved lemons (save the slices for garnish), you’ll need 1/2 cup of juice, total, then chill the juice.
- Combine the simple syrup and lemon juice. For every 12 oz of beer, add 1/4 cup of the lemon/simple syrup mixture. Serve cold, in a glass, with or without ice. Garnish the glass with the sliced grilled lemon.