Grilled Curry Flank Steak Tacos with Fresh Naan
Chef Tom fires up the Le Griddle for Grilled Curry Flank Steak Tacos served up in fresh, scratch made naan bread!
1 Creekstone Farms Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 3.5 oz (6 tbsp) Entube Indian Curry Paste
1/4 cup Saica Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Tamari/soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro stems, minced
- 1-2 serrano peppers
- 2 tbsp garlic, finely minced or grated
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced or grated
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Infused Salt
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Infused Salt
- Cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Lime juice
- 140 g (3/4 cup) water (115ºF)
20 g (2 tsp) pepper infused honey
7 g (2 1/4 tsp) caputo dry yeast
325 g (2 cups) caputo 00 flour
- 125 g (1/2 cup) whole milk greek yogurt
25 g (2 tbsp) Colonial Chile Infused Oil
6 g (2 tsp) Jacobsen black garlic salt
For the Yogurt Curry Marinade/Sauce:
- To make the naan, combine the water and honey in the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk to dissolve the honey. Sprinkle the yeast over the surface of the water and let sit for about 5 minutes, until the yeast begins to foam.
- Add the flour, yogurt, chile oil and salt. Using the paddle attachment mix on second speed (medium low) for five minutes.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled container and cover. Let the dough rise until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Press each dough ball out by hand into 1/4” thick rounds. Place the flattened dough on floured parchment paper. You can stack layers of the naan in a sheet pan with floured parchment in between. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for half an hour.
- Preheat your Le Griddle over medium heat.
- Place the naan dough directly on the griddle and cook until browned in spots and forming bubbles, flip and repeat. Brush both sides with beef tallow or clarified butter, and remove from the grill. Stack inside a container to keep warm.
- To make the Yogurt Curry Marinade/Sauce, combine all ingredients in the Vitamix Blender and blend until smooth. Pour off 1/2 cup of the marinade/sauce and reserve for later. Place the remaining marinade in a zip top bag with the flank steak. Marinade for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat a GrillGrate Grilling Panel on the Le Griddle to preheat over high heat. Set the temperature on the opposite side of the griddle to medium-high.
- Remove the flank steak from the marinade and transfer directly to the GrillGrate, leaving the marinade on the surface of the steak. Cooked until lightly browned. Flip and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 120ºF-125ºF. Remove from the griddle and rest.
- While the steak rests, cook the red onions in beef tallow on the medium-high side of the griddle until lightly browned/caramelized and softened, seasoning with the Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Infused Salt. Remove from the griddle.
At the same time, place the tomatoes on the griddle to soften and brown. Remove from the griddle.
- Slice the flank steak thin, then chop the slices into small pieces. Return the steak to the griddle to crisp, tossing and turning to brown evenly. Cook briefly (two minutes), then remove from the griddle. Add the reserved marinade/sauce to the chopped flank steak and toss to coat.
- To assemble the Grilled Curry Flank Steak Tacos, fill the naan with the chopped curry flank steak. Top with the griddled onions, tomatoes and cilantro. Squeeze some lime juice over the top.
You might also enjoy: Chicken Tikka Masala
- Serving Size
- 7.54 oz
- per serving
- 29 grams
- 74 grams
- 32 grams
- 659 milligrams