Gluten-Free Funnel Cake
Chef Britt shows how to make funnel cakes with our newest product at ATBBQ.com: Gluten-Free Flour from Antimo Caputo! This specially-formulated flour blend is one of the best-tasting all-purpose gluten-free flours on the market!
1 3/4 cup Antimo Caputo Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk, plus more if needed (up to another whole cup)
- 1 gallon peanut oil, or other deep-fry oil
- Watermelon slices, cut into stars
- Powdered Sugar, as needed
For the batter:
For the toppings (optional):
- Sift together dry ingredients in a medium-large mixing bowl. Create a well in the center to place your wet ingredients.
- Whisk ingredients until completely smooth and allow to sit for fifteen minutes.
During this fifteen minutes, heat your fry oil in a Lodge 6-quart enamel-coated dutch oven to 350-375°F.
- Once the oil is properly heated, check the consistency of your batter. It is likely too thick and will need to be thinned out to an appropriate texture. Whisk in additional milk as necessary to desired texture, something more fluid, and more akin to a cake batter or pancake batter.
- Place your batter into a piping bag (or another confectionery dispenser/funnel appropriate for the job). Cut the tip of the piping bag to about 1/8“-1/4“ in width.
- To fry, pipe or stream about 1/2 cup’s worth of batter into the heated oil.
- Fry the funnel cake until desired color/texture, flipping the cake to fry both sides. Light golden will yield a spongier texture, and golden brown will yield a crispier texture.
- Serving Size
- 2.68 oz
- per serving
- 23 grams
- 5 grams
- 16 grams
- 64 milligrams