Frito Chili Pie
We all love Chili Frito Pie! Chef Tom makes a few adjustments to his Smoked Tri-tip Chili to utilize freezer and pantry staple items for that party snack that everyone loves, hello grilled Frito Chili Pie!
- 1 lb ground beef
Cattleman’s Grill Steakhouse Seasoning
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 poblano pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups canned Ciao Italian Peeled Tomatoes (and sauce)
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning, to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onion, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 375ºF, set up for direct grilling (no diffuser plate/door). Place Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet on the main cooking grate, near the flame, to preheat.
- When the skillet is hot, add your ground beef. Season all with Cattleman’s Grill Steakhouse Seasoning. Add the onion and pepper and cook until the beef is browned and onions are translucent in color, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the beans, beef stock and seasonings, and cook until the chili is thickened to desired consistency.
- Serve the chili over Fritos, topped with cheddar and onions.
- Serving Size
- 24.01 oz
- per serving
- 78 grams
- 68 grams
- 23 grams
- 692 milligrams