Another year ends, and a new one begins. Ring it in alongside the All Things Barbecue family, with Fresh Oysters on the half shell and a Charred Champagne Mignonette. Cheers!
Fresh Oysters with Charred Mignonette
Welcome in the new year with this delightful recipe! Chef Tom has you covered with this recipe for Fresh Oysters on the half shell and a Charred Champagne Mignonette - the perfect way to start the new year.
- 2 dozen oysters
- 2 shallots, whole, peeled
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp Champagne (or sparkling white wine)
1 tbsp Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
Build a charcoal fire in a Weber Chimney Starter. Place a single GrillGrate over the top of the chimney.
- When the grilling surface is hot, char the shallots over the charcoal. Blacken most of the surface. The shallots don’t need to be cooked all the way through.
- Remove the shallots from the grill and mince.
- Combine the minced shallots with the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Serve a spoonful of the mignonette sauce over each shucked raw oyster on the half shell.
- Serving Size
- 2.55 oz
- per serving
- 6 grams
- 10 grams
- 3 grams
- 173 milligrams