Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for a sweet, salty and smoky Dr. Pepper Glazed Ham!
Dr. Pepper Glazed Ham
Tantalize your taste buds with Chef Tom's Dr. Pepper Glazed Ham! This delicious dish is the perfect blend of sweet, salty and smoky!
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 250ºF, set up for indirect grilling/smoking, with the diffuser plate in place. Remove the second shelf.
- Rub a thin layer of Big Rick’s Jalapeño Honey Mustard over the surface of the ham. Season the ham with Meat Church Honey Bacon BBQ Rub. Place in a half sized foil pan and place on the main cooking grate.
- Smoke the ham until the internal temperature surpasses about 100ºF (about 2.5 hours), then begin glazing.
- To make the glaze, combine the Dr. Pepper, Smoke on Wheels KC Bootleg BBQ Sauce and apple cider vinegar in a cast iron skillet. Bring to a simmer and reduce by about 2/3 (from 3 cups to 1 cup).
- Brush the glaze over the ham every 30 minutes until the internal temperature surpasses 150ºF, about 4 hours total.
- Remove from the smoker and rest 30 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and/or cube the ham. Rest the cut ham in the reserved juices in the pan before serving.
- Serving Size
- 4.8 oz
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 17 grams
- 40 grams
- 12 grams
- 2651 milligrams