It’s far too easy to get in a rut with potatoes. Mashed, then baked, then mashed, maybe scalloped… Let’s throw a new one in the mix. With just a few ingredients that you probably have on hand, you can put together a flavor packed side dish that’s also super appealing visually. Keeping the slices together in their original form makes all the difference visually.
Crispy Skillet Potatoes
Crispy on the outside, soft and savory on the inside! Our Crispy Skillet Potatoes are a delicious meal made with red potatoes, bacon, onion and garlic. Quick and easy to prepare, they make a satisfying and flavorful dinner.
- 4-5 medium-sized red potatoes
- 4 oz bacon, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp butter
Jack's Gourmet Seasoning
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 400°F. While the cooker is warming up, slice the potatoes very thin, about 1/8”. Keep the potato slices in place so that the slices lined up next to one another form whole potatoes.
- Cook the bacon in a Lodge 10” Cast Iron Skillet over medium heat until it’s almost crispy. Remove from heat and transfer the bacon and rendered fat to a bowl. Add to the bowl the sliced onions and garlic and toss.
- Add the butter to the skillet while still warm, so it can melt. Arrange the sliced potatoes to cover the surface of the skillet, slightly fanning the slices. Pour the bacon, fat, onion and garlic over the top of the potatoes. Dust the top of the dish with Jack's Gourmet Seasoning.
- Place the skillet on the second shelf of the smoker and cook 45 minutes to an hour until the potatoes are tender and the bottoms are crispy. Taste and season with salt as necessary. Keeping the slices together in their original form makes all the difference visually.
- Serving Size
- 12.84 oz
- per serving
- 46 grams
- 20 grams
- 24 grams
- 1629 milligrams