Learn from Chef Tom as he shows you how to craft a culinary masterpiece! Enjoy savory tournedos wrapped in bacon and sage for a flavor that is sure to impress! Whip up gourmet dishes with ease, thanks to Tom's expert guidance!
Tournedos Wrapped in Bacon and Sage
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Indulge your senses with Chef Tom's outstanding Tournedos Wrapped in Bacon and Sage! With its succulent bacon, fragrant sage and savory tournedos, this dish is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. Learn the secrets to elevate your cooking with Chef Tom's delicious recipe!
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 beef tournedos (beef tenderloin), cut 1” thick, about 5 oz each
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the bacon in a saucepan with 4 cups cold water, bring to a simmer, and blanch for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Lay out a strip of bacon. Place four sage leaves on the bacon. Wrap the tournedo in the bacon and sage. Trim excess bacon. Tie with butcher’s twine.
- Build a wood fire in your charcoal grill. Allow the wood to cook down to coals. You may need to break the sticks up as it burns down. Place a large cast iron skillet over the fire and heat until the pan is smoking. Sprinkle the tournedos with the salt and pepper and stand them on their sides, so the bacon is in contact with the pan. Cook until the bacon is well seared (1-2 minutes) then rotate a quarter turn. Repeat until all sides are seared. Remove the pan from the grill and transfer the tournedos to grill directly on the grate. Grill on both sides until the internal temperature reaches 125°F. Remove from the grill and rest 3 minutes.
- Remove the string before serving.
- Serving Size
- 5.55 oz
- per serving
- 2 grams
- 130 grams
- 47 grams
- 412 milligrams