Josh Cary and Chef Tom Jackson cook up some Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs and ask you about your favorite breakfast foods to cook on the grill.
Chicken Fried Steak
Learn to make delicious chicken fried steak at home with our easy-to-follow recipe. Our step-by-step instructions provide all the details you need to successfully recreate this classic dish. Succulent and savory, the perfect fried steak awaits!
- 4 beef cube steaks
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 4 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- Place the cube steaks in a gallon zip top bag. Add the butter milk and hot sauce. Place in the fridge and let sit for three hours.
- Remove the steaks and place in a shallow pan. Place the flour and seasonings in another shallow pan, and mix well. Set up a cooling rack over a third pan.
- Remove the excess buttermilk from the outside of the steak. Dredge in the seasoned flour. Shake off the excess, and place on the cooling rack. Repeat the process with the remaining steaks. Allow the steaks to sit for about twenty minutes, until the flour is all moistened.
- Preheat a 12” cast iron skillet over medium heat. Fill the skillet with 1/2” of canola oil. Using an instant read digital thermometer, monitor the temperature of the oil and adjust the heat to keep the oil around 350°F.
- Fry the steaks on each side until golden brown. Remove from the oil and place on a clean cooling rack to allow the excess oil to drip off of the surface. Serve hot.
- Serving Size
- 13.6 oz
- per serving
- 73 grams
- 77 grams
- 20 grams
- 2708 milligrams