Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill and smokes some St. Louis spare ribs until the bones pull right out of the the meat. The boneless ribs are then beer battered and deep fried for these Pork Rib Corn Dogs!
Pork Rib Corn Dogs
Try this unforgettable combination of smoked meat and beer-battered deep-frying with Chef Tom's Pork Rib Corn Dogs. Grill-smoked boneless St. Louis spare ribs make these corn dogs deliver succulent flavor with a texture so tender.
Creekstone Farms St. Louis Cut Pork Spare Ribs
Big Rick’s Jalapeño Honey Mustard
Cattleman’s Grill Cajun Fusion Seasoning
Lane’s BBQ Honey Sriracha Seasoning
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup cornstarch
- Powdered sugar, for finishing
Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce, for finishing
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup corn meal
2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Cajun Fusion Seasoning
2 tbsp Reida Farm Kansas Wildflower Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup canned cream style corn, pureed
- 1 cup beer
For the Beer Batter:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 275ºF, set up for smoking.
- Coat the ribs in a thin layer of Big Rick’s Jalapeño Honey Mustard. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Cajun Fusion Seasoning and Lane’s BBQ Honey Sriracha Seasoning.
- Smoke on the second shelf until a dark red bark is formed, about 3-4 hours.
- Place 1/4 cup of pineapple juice on two sheets of foil. Place the ribs meat side down on the foil and wrap tightly in the foil.
- Return the ribs to the smoker and continue cooking until the bones pull out of the meat cleanly. Remove from the grill and rest the ribs.
- Remove the bones from the ribs. Slice the ribs into individual servings.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Transfer the batter to a tall marinade shaker or pint glass.
- Preheat a dutch oven filled 2/3 full with vegetable oil until the oil is around 350ºF.
- Place the boneless ribs on skewers. Coat the rib with cornstarch then dip into the batter to cover the rib. Fry the rib until golden brown in color, about 2-3 minutes each.
- Serve the Pork Rib Corn Dog topped with powdered sugar and Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce.
- Serving Size
- 10.37 oz
- per serving
- 104 grams
- 25 grams
- 44 grams
- 1488 milligrams