Coffee Crusted Brisket
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Brisket. Coffee. Chipotle. Ancho. Red wine. Smoke. This Coffee Crusted Brisket recipe features all the above AND MORE! It’s not just brisket. It’s a full meal! If you’re ready for a truly down to earth brisket with incredible flavors, read on!
- 15 lb whole packer brisket
1/2 cup Sweetwater Spice Ancho Chipotle Brisket Bath
- 2 cups beef stock
Cattleman’s Grill Smoky Chipotle Steak Seasoning
- 24 oz baby bella mushrooms, halved
- 24 oz baby potatoes
- 16 oz yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 16 oz carrots, large dice
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 cup diluted Sweetwater Spice Ancho Chipotle Brisket Bath/beef stock mixture from injection
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup red wine
Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt
- fresh ground black pepper
For the braising liquid:
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 250ºF.
- Trim the fat cap completely off of the point muscle. Trim the fat down to 1/4” thickness over the flat muscle. Trim excess fat from the surface of the opposite side of the brisket.
Measure out 1/2 cup Sweetwater Spice Ancho Chipotle Brisket Bath. Add the 2 cups beef stock. Mix well. Strain the liquid. Pour off 1 cup of the liquid and reserve for the braising liquid, later in the cook.
Using a marinade injector, inject the brisket flat in a grid pattern. You should be able to get about 1 cup of liquid into the flat. We will not inject the point meat.
Spread the excess injection liquid across the surface of the brisket. Rub the solids that were strained off from the injection liquid all over the point meat. Season all surfaces generously with Cattleman’s Grill Smoky Chipotle Steak Seasoning.
- Place the brisket in the grill. Smoke until the bark is developed, about 5 1/2 hours.
- Line a full sized foil pan with two sheets of heavy-duty foil, crisscrossing to allow overlapping foil on all four sides of the pan. Fill the foil lined pan with the halved mushrooms, baby potatoes, quartered onions, diced carrots and whole cloves of garlic.
Combine the 1 cup of reserved injection liquid, 1/2 cup beef stock and 1/2 cup red wine. Pour the liquid over the veggies. Season with Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place the brisket on top of the bed of veggies. Wrap tight with the foil. Return to the grill.
Turn the grill temperature up to 300ºF. Continue cooking until the brisket is very tender and offers almost little resistance when probed with an instant read thermometer, about 2-3 more hours. The internal temperature will likely be in the 200ºF to 210ºF range, in the deepest part of the brisket.
- Let brisket rest at least 30 minutes before slicing. Strain off the jus from the veggies. Season the veggies, as desired. Slice your Coffee Crusted Brisket across the grain of the muscle and serve with the veggies and a cup of jus for dipping.
You might also enjoy: Brisket Tacos with Smoked Salsa
- Serving Size
- 5.35 oz
- per serving
- 3.67 grams
- 24.33 grams
- 6.67 grams
- 40 milligrams