Happy St. Patrick's Day! Let’s get green with some Chicken Pesto Pizza on the Pizza Oven!
Chicken Pesto Pizza
Enjoy Happy St. Patrick's Day with a delicious Chicken Pesto Pizza. Prepare your pizza with ease with simple ingredients and a crust that will crisp up in no time.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade
Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
2 pizza dough balls (recipe here)
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup parmesan, fine grated
- 2 cups (about 2 oz before picking leaves) packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cloves garlic, fine grated
1/4 cup Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan, fine grated
Jacobsen Kosher Sea Salt, to taste
For the Pesto:
- Place the chicken thighs in a zip top bag with enough Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade to cover. Seal and marinate for 45 minutes.
- Light your RoccBox Pizza Oven and allow it to preheat for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your pesto. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix blender. Process until all ingredients are broken down into uniform sized pieces, and a paste is formed. Add the cheese and blitz briefly to break the cheese down. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed.
- Place a Lodge 10.5” Cast Iron Square Grill Pan in the RoccBox to preheat for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Remove excess marinade from the surface. Season chicken on all sides with the Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning.
- Place the chicken in the grill pan. With the grill on low flame, cook until browned on the bottom. Flip and continue cooking until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF. Remove from the grill. Slice into bite sized pieces.
- Stretch your pizza dough out to approximately 12” in diameter. Spread a layer of the pesto over the dough. Top with the sliced chicken and halved grape tomatoes. Tear the fresh mozzarella into pieces and place on the dough.
- Transfer the pizza to the RoccBox using the pizza peel. Rotate the pizza every 45 seconds to brown evenly on all sides. Remove the pizza when the dough is browned on the bottom and sides and the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Top the hot pizza with fine grated parmesan and a shake of Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning. Slice to serve.
- Serving Size
- 26.38 oz
- per serving
- 30 grams
- 27 grams
- 31 grams
- 476 milligrams