If you're looking for a simple barbecue recipe, then you'll love these Butterflied BBQ Pork Chops. Chef Tom fires up the Kamado Joe Kettle Joe and utilizes the SloRoller to smoke the chops before cranking up the heat for a seared finish!
Butterflied BBQ Pork Chops
Your BBQ game is about to reach new heights with this delicious Butterflied BBQ Pork Chops. recipe Our Chef Tom shows you how to slow-smoke the chops on a Kettle Joe with the SloRoller, then crank up the heat for a beautifully seared finish.
- 3 - 3.5 lb Creekstone Farms Natural Duroc Pork Loin
1 cup Cattleman’s Grill Butcher House Brine
- 2 quarts water
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce
- Slice the pork loin into 4 equal sized large pork chops.
- Butterfly the pork chops. One side of the pork chop will be flatter and one will be more rounded. Using a sharp knife, slice down the center of the pork chop from the rounded side, toward the flat side. Do not cut all the way through the pork chop. Slice just far enough to allow the double thick chop to butterfly open into one large chop.
- Combine 1 cup Cattleman’s Grill Butcher House Brine with 2 quarts water in a Briner Mini 4 quart Briner Bucket and whisk. Add the butterflied pork chops to the brine and soak overnight.
- Build a hot charcoal bed in the fire box of the Kamado Joe Kettle Joe Charcoal Grill. Set up the grill for smoking with the slow roller in place. Stabilize the temperature at 225°F.
- Remove the butterflied pork chops from the brine. Rinse brine from the surface under cool water. Pat dry.
- Season pork chops first with the Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning.
- Smoke the pork chops at 225°F until the internal temperature reaches 125°F, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the grill and cover loosely with foil.
- Remove the grill grates and slow roller. Add a chimney of hot charcoal to the coal bed. Place the grill grates on the lowest setting.
- Return the pork chops to the grill grates and grill to an internal temperature of 140°F, flipping to brown both sides.
- Remove the pork from the grill and immediately brush with a thin layer of Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 0 grams
- 93 grams
- 47 grams
- 411 milligrams