Buffalo Lobster Rolls
Buffalo Lobster Rolls are a match made in heaven. Chef Tom combines tangy, buttery Buffalo sauce with smoked lobster, loads it all on a brioche bun and tops it with a buttermilk ranch dressing. Grilled on the Kamado Joe Kettle Joe, this recipe is an explosion of flavor that must be tasted to be believed.
- 1 lb lobster tails
Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub
- 1/2 cup beer
- 4 each green onions, charred on coals, then minced
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola blue cheese, crumbled, plus more for garnish
- Top split brioche rolls
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Fresh chives, minced, for garnish
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 bottle Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub
- 1/2 tsp Bear & Burton’s Fireshire Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp chives, green only, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Seasoning, to taste
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing: (12 servings)
- To make the ranch dressing, combine all ingredients and whisk well. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- To make the Buffalo Sauce, combine all ingredients in a Lodge 8” Steel Skillet. Bring to a simmer. Whisk. Cook for one minute. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature. The butter may separate, so whisk again until all ingredients are distributed.
- Build a bed of hot charcoal in your Kamado Joe Kettle Joe and set the grill up for smoking. Stabilize the temperature at 275ºF.
- Place your green onions directly on the coals and let char, turning to char evenly. Remove before entirely burnt and mince.
- Cut down the top side of the lobster shell from the fat end of the tail down to the end of the tail. Pry open the shell. Separate the tail meat from the bottom of the shell, leaving it attached at the end of the tail. Prop the tail meat up on top of the shell.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the buffalo sauce into a small bowl. Brush the tail meat with the buffalo sauce. Season the tail meat with Cattleman’s Grill Lone Star Brisket Rub.
- Place the tail in a Lodge 8” Cast Iron Skillet. Pour just enough beer into the skillet to cover the bottom.
- Add a chunk of smoking wood to you hot coals. Replace the diffuser plate and grates, then set the cast iron skillet on the grates. Smoke the lobster until it reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the tail meat from the shell and dice into small pieces. Place in a mixing bowl with the charred green onions, minced celery, blue cheese and buffalo sauce. Mix well.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Melt one tablespoon of butter per roll. Toast each roll on top and bottom. Remove from the skillet. Open up the top cut. Load each roll with about 1/2 cup of the buffalo lobster salad. Top with ranch dressing, chives and crumbles of blue cheese.
- This recipe yields 4 servings of the Buffalo Lobster Rolls, and 12 servings of Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
- Serving Size
- 1 roll
- per serving
- 65 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 40 grams
- 415 milligrams
- 2367 milligrams
- 27 grams
- 1.5 grams
- 5 grams
- 34 grams