Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
Treat your taste buds to the tantalizing flavors of Chef Tom's recipe for Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw. With a perfect blend of spicy and tangy, your taste buds will be in for an unforgettable culinary experience that will leave you wanting more!
- 2 chicken breasts
Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles Fajita Bath
R Butts R Smokin’ Butt Kickin’ Chicken
Bone Suckin' Honey Habanero Wing Sauce
- 8 oz sharp cheddar, shredded
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 8 oz slaw mix (green cabbage & carrots)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Bone Suckin' Honey Habanero Wing Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
For the slaw:
- Combine the slaw mix, cilantro and green onions in a bowl. Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a separate small bowl, then pour over the slaw mixture and mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (or even overnight) before serving.
- Place the chicken breasts in a zip top bag. Add equal parts Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles Fajita Bath and water. Place in the refrigerator for 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 450°F, set up for direct grilling with GrillGrates.
- Remove chicken from the marinade. Pat mostly dry with paper towels. Season with R Butts R Smokin’ Butt Kickin’ Chicken. Grill on both sides to achieve nice grill marks. When an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 160°F in the center, remove the chicken from the grill.
- Place your tortillas on the grill topped with the shredded cheese. Grill just until the cheese begins to melt and remove while the tortillas are still pliable.
- Dice the chicken into bite sized pieces. Place in a bowl with desired amount of Bone Suckin' Honey & Habanero Wing Sauce and toss to coat. Top the cheesy tortillas with the buffalo chicken, and the chicken with the slaw.
A super simple slaw with a touch of buffalo sauce adds great crunch and flavor to the taco. Make it ahead of time. Over night if you can. You want to give those flavors time to meld!
Choose your favorite chicken pieces for grilling. We’re using breasts. Smothered in delicious Bone Suckin’ Honey & Habanero Wing Sauce, you can’t go wrong.
- Serving Size
- 7.89 oz
- per serving
- 23 grams
- 34 grams
- 20 grams
- 3952 milligrams