Chef Tom puts together a delicious Brisket Quiche, featuring leftover Umami Bomb Brisket, baked on the Yoder Smokers Pellet Grill.
Pie dough (recipe here)
Cornhusker Kitchen Spray Duck Fat
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced thin
Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- 8 oz leftover brisket, diced
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 oz sharp white cheddar, grated
- 2 oz pecorino cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
For the custard:
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 375ºF, set up for indirect grilling.
Using a rolling pin, roll out the pie dough to fit a Lodge 10” Cast Iron Skillet. Roll the edges down to make an even crust.
Crumble up a sheet of parchment or butcher paper. Smooth it back out, then place over the dough in the skillet. Fill the paper with dried beans to weigh down the paper and dough. Transfer to the second shelf of the grill.
- Blind bake the dough until golden brown around the edges, about one hour. Remove from the grill. Remove the beans and paper and return the crust and skillet to the grill for an additional 5-10 minutes. Remove the skillet from the grill.
- While the crust bakes, make the filling.
Spray a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet with a couple tablespoons of duck fat. Warm over medium heat. Add the onion to the skillet. Season with Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning. Cook until browned around the edges and softened.
- Add the leftover brisket, kale and garlic. Cook just long enough to warm the brisket and wilt the kale, about three minutes. Remove from the heat.
Whisk together the eggs for the custard. Brush a thin layer of the whisked egg onto the pie crust. Add the heavy cream and horseradish to the eggs and whisk.
- Layer in the brisket mixture, cheeses and custard until the quiche is filled to the top of the crust.
- Bake the quiche until the custard is set, about 1 hour 10 minutes. It should jiggle, but not be fully liquid. Remove from the grill and cool to just above room temperature before slicing to serve.
You might also enjoy: Umami Bomb Brisket
- Serving Size
- 13.7 oz
- per serving
- 6 grams
- 41 grams
- 36 grams
- 519 milligrams