Chef Tom cooked up this hearty soup with some leftover brisket, a handful of fresh and frozen veggies, and a simple dumpling recipe. Comfort food! (click here for a great brisket recipe: Smoked Barbecue Brisket)
Brisket & Dumplings
Try Chef Tom's Brisket & Dumplings recipe! Hearty brisket and veggies mingle with light and fluffy dumplings, promising a cozy dining experience that's sure to delight all your senses.
3 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/4”
- 1 cup Carrots, small dice
2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lb leftover brisket (or other beef roast), diced into 1” cubes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 quarts beef stock and/or water
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt
For the dumplings:
- Preheat a Lodge 5 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add the 3 tbsp Olitalia I Dedicati Pizzolivm Extra Virgin Olive Oil to warm.
- Add the onion, carrots and Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent.
- Add the thyme and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the wine and cook until it is nearly all the way reduced.
- Add the frozen peas, cubed leftover beef, green onions and beef stock/water. Cover with a lid. Bring to a simmer. Cook until the beef is falling apart.
- Mix all ingredients for the dumplings. Uncover the dutch oven. Drop a couple of tablespoons at a time of the dumpling dough into the simmering soup.
- Continue cooking until the dumplings are firm and cooked through.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese before serving the Smoked Brisket & Dumplings.
- Serving Size
- 5.23 oz
- per serving
- 19 grams
- 52 grams
- 43 grams
- 1091 milligrams