Chef Britt shows us a new side to bring to the holiday table: Barbecue Smoked Carrots! They get roasted on the grill in a spicy and sweet glaze, and served with a cool yogurt sauce and herbaceous parsley pesto!
Barbecue Smoked Carrots
Unlock new flavors for the holidays with Chef Britt's Barbecue Smoked Carrots! Marinated in a sweet-spicy glaze, these carrots get roasted on the grill for a succulent, smoky flavor. Serve with the creamy yogurt sauce and fresh parsley pesto - an unforgettable side that will please any palate!
- 1 lb Medium Carrots
- 6 Tbsp ghee (or melted butter, if preferred)
1/3 C House of Q Sugar and Spice BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 C Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 bunches parsley (carrot tops would work, too)
1/2 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more if needed
- 1 Clove Garlic
Noble Works Hickory Smoked Salt, to finish
- 1 C Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp pan drippings from the carrots
Preheat your YS640s, to 400°F, set up for indirect cooking using the diffuser plate. Scrub the carrots using a brush, then rinse. Trim the carrot tops and cut the carrots into rough thirds. In a small bowl, combine House of Q Sugar and Spice BBQ Sauce, ghee, maple syrup, and garam masala. Place the carrots on a sheet pan lined with foil and coat carrots with sauce.
- Bake the carrots using indirect heat until carrots are tender, about 40-50 minutes, turning the carrots halfway through the cook.
Using an immersion blender combine parsley, smoked salt, extra virgin olive oil, and garlic. Add more oil if needed to create a desired texture.
- Pour a little of the pan drippings into the yogurt and stir immediately. If the fats from the drippings set up chunky, you can hit it with the immersion blender to thoroughly incorporate.
- Serve altogether.
- Serving Size
- 8.5 oz
- per serving
- 28 grams
- 4 grams
- 30 grams
- 568 milligrams