Try the juicy, smoky flavor of Chef Tom's Barbecue Chicken Skillet Pizza! He shares his pellet grill recipe for a pizza that is sure to become a family favorite. Try it today!
Barbecue Chicken Skillet Pizza on the Pellet Grill
Chef Tom shares his secrets for making fantastic Barbecue Chicken Skillet Pizza on the pellet grill!
- 2 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless - grilled then shredded and sauced
Yoder Smokers Chicken Rub
1/2 cup Urban Slicer Pizza Sauce
1/2 cup Plowboys BBQ KC Crossroads BBQ Sauce, plus more for saucing chicken
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, torn into small pieces
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 6 tbsp feta, crumbled
- 1/4 each red onion, sliced thin
2 tbsp Colonial Chile Oil
Urban Slicer Mojo White Seasoning
- 325g (1 cup 7 tbsp) warm water (110ºF)
5g (1 1/2 tsp) Caputo Dry Yeast
500g (3 1/4 cup) Antimo Caputo “00” Pizza Flour
10g (1 tbsp) Jacobsen Kosher Sea Salt
- To make the pizza dough, pour the warm water into the bowl of a stand mixer. Sprinkle the yeast over the water. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the flour, then the salt. With the mixer fitted with the hook attachment, mix on medium-low (2nd gear on the KitchenAid) until a ball is formed, about 1 minutes. Once all ingredients are incorporated and a ball is formed mix 8 minutes.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and divide into 2 equal portions. Roll each half into a ball, place in an oiled container. Cover. Refrigerate at least half an hour before use.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 425ºF set up for direct grilling with GrillGrate grilling panels installed over the fire box.
- Season the chicken thighs with Yoder Smokers Chicken Rub. Grill the chicken on the GrillGrates until the internal temperature reaches 175ºF. Remove the chicken from the grill. Let cool for about five minutes, then shred by hand or with forks. Sauce the shredded chicken with Plowboys BBQ KC Crossroads BBQ Sauce. Toss to fully coat.
- Grease a 12” Finex Cast Iron Skillet with about 1 tablespoon Colonial Chile Oil.
- Stretch the dough in skillet, creating a crust around the border that rises up the sides of the skillet.
- Mix pizza sauce and Plowboys BBQ KC Crossroads BBQ Sauce. Spread the sauce over the dough.
- Layer on torn pieces of mozzarella, shredded sauced chicken, bacon, feta and red onion.
- Season the crust with Urban Slicer Mojo White Seasoning.
- Bake uncovered over flame for 10 min.
- Cover with lid, move to indirect. Cook til brown on bottom and melted on top, about 10-15 min more.
- Serving Size
- 8.54 oz
- per serving
- 51.3 grams
- 29.6 grams
- 18.6 grams
- 1684 milligrams