Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers Pellet Grill for these cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped, smoked, seared BBQ chicken breasts! Barbecue Chicken Bombs. Boom!
Barbecue Chicken Bombs
Chef Tom's recipe for BBQ Chicken Bombs are a delectable treat! Enjoy savory cheese stuffed, bacon-wrapped smoked chicken breasts, seared to perfection for a flavorful bite.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 225ºF. Set the grill up for smoking. If you have a two door diffuser, remove the door. If not, leave the whole diffuser in place. Also, place a Yoder Smokers Cast Iron Griddle on the left side of the grill.
Combine the cream cheese, pepper jack, Pain 100% Hot Sauce and Plowboys BBQ Yardbird Rub in a small bowl. Mix well. Form into a log. Cover with plastic wrap. Transfer to the refrigerator. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Trim the tender away from the chicken breasts. Reserve for another cook, or patching holes. Butterfly the chicken breasts. Pound out to about 1/2” thick. If you have any small holes, slice a thin piece of meat off of the chicken tender and place over the hole.
- Divide the log of cheese in half. Place each half in the center of a chicken breast. Wrap the breast around the cheese. Form into a rectangular shape.
- Lay out one strip of bacon horizontally. Lay out three more strips side by side, perpendicular to the horizontal slice (optionally, weave together). Place the stuffed chicken breast on top of the bed of bacon. Wrap the slices around the chicken.
- Place the bacon wrapped chicken bombs on the second shelf of the grill, bacon ends on the bottom. Smoke for 1 hour.
- After one hour, turn the grill up to 425ºF. If using a one piece diffuser, remove the diffuser. If using a two door diffuser, make sure the door is removed. You can leave the chicken in the grill with the door closed while the grill comes up to temperature.
When the grill reaches 425ºF, remove the second shelf and transfer the chicken bombs to the griddle. Sear on all sides until browned and crispy. Move the chicken bombs off of the griddle and back to an indirect cooking area. Brush a layer of Firebug Mild Grillin' Sauce over all surfaces of the chicken bombs. Cook until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 160ºF. Brush again with the sauce. Remove from the grill and serve hot.
- Serving Size
- 8.87 oz
- per serving
- 7 grams
- 82 grams
- 60 grams
- 2496 milligrams