Chef Tom fires up the Clementino wood fired oven and roasts a half chicken, then cooks up his cheesy, creamy Baked Chicken Alfredo!
Baked Chicken Alfredo
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
1 hour 30 minutes
Chef Tom's Baked Chicken Alfredo recipe creates an unforgettable meal! Learn to perfectly roast a half chicken in a wood fired oven and then smother in a creamy, cheesy Alfredo sauce. Mouth-watering, indulgent and sure to satisfy, all in one!
- 1 half chicken
Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- 12 oz dried penne pasta, cooked al dente
1/4 cup Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced on microplane
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups half and half
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- 3/4 cup low moisture mozzarella
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, minced
For the chicken:
For the pasta:
- Build a fire about 3 logs high in the center of your Clementi Clementino Wood Fired Oven, using small splits of oak wood. When the wood has broken down into coals, slide the fire off to the side of the oven, trapping it against the side wall with the burn grate. Add more splits of wood to maintain at 500ºF temperature reading on the thermometer on the opposite side from the fire. Sweep any ash and debris off of the cooking surface.
- To break down the chicken, cut along either side of the backbone with a sharp chef’s knife or kitchen shears. Remove the backbone. Place the bird skin side down on the cutting board. Cut straight down through the breast bone to halve the chicken.
- Pull back the skin, exposing the meat, but do not remove the skin completely. Drizzle the Olitalia Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Meat over the chicken and rub over all surfaces. Season the chicken under and over the skin with Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning.
- Place the chicken in a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet, skin side up. Place a cast iron lid on the skillet. Transfer to the hot oven. Cook until the skin is browned then flip the bird so it is skin side down. Continue cooking with the lid on the skillet until the internal temperature reaches 155ºF-160ºF in the deepest part of the breast, about 45 minutes. Remove the skillet from the Clementino. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Remove any dark solids from the skillet, leaving the chicken fat behind. Add the butter and Olitalia Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Meat to the skillet. When the fats are melted, add the minced garlic. Place in the oven, uncovered. Cook for about 30 seconds. Add the flour and stir. Continue cooking until lightly toasted, but not yet browned. Remove from the oven and slowly pour the half and half into the skillet, whisking constantly. Return to the oven and bring the liquid up to a gentle simmer. Whisk in the Parmigiano Reggiano and Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning. Return to the oven and cook just until thickened, then remove.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and set aside. Pull the meat from the bones. Discard the bones and shred/chop the meat.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, Alfredo sauce and chicken. Mix well to coat the pasta in the sauce.
- Transfer the mixture back to the Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet. Spread evenly. Sprinkle the grated low moisture mozzarella over the top. Mince the chicken skin and sprinkle over the cheese. Cover with a lid and return the skillet to the Clementino.
- Bake the pasta until bubbling and warmed though, about 10-15 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until browned on top. Remove from the grill.
- Serve the Baked Chicken Alfredo hot.
- Serving Size
- 9.94 oz
- per serving
- 91 grams
- 55 grams
- 46 grams
- 226 milligrams