Asian Baby Back Rib Sandwich
Embark on a culinary adventure with our delicious Asian Baby Back Rib Sandwich. Bursting with bold Asian flavors and topped with an irresistibly crunchy slaw, this sandwich is sure to be a hit at any gathering.
- 2 half racks baby back ribs
Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade & Injection
- Oakridge BBQ Dominator Rib Rub
Kim’s Gourmet Bourbon-aki Sauce
- 4 King’s Hawaiian full sized buns
- 12 oz broccoli slaw mix (broccoli, carrots, cabbage)
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cilantro, rough chop
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
For the slaw:
- Make the slaw a couple of hours ahead of time. Combine the slaw mix, green onions and cilantro in a bowl. In a separate bowl combine the vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil. Whisk well. Pour the liquid over the veggies and mix well. Store in the refrigerator.
- Slice the racks into individual ribs. Place in a zip top bag or brining container. Refrigerate for one hour. Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 275°F. Remove from the marinade. Pat mostly dry with paper towels. Season on all sides with Oakridge BBQ Dominator Rib Rub.
- Smoke the ribs on the second shelf until the meat is nice and tender, but not yet falling off of the bone, about 2.5 hours.
- Transfer the ribs to a foil pan and toss in Kim’s Gourmet Bourbon-aki Sauce to coat. Return the grill and continue cooking until the meat is tender enough to pull off of the bone and the sauce is sticky, about 30-45 minutes.
- Pull the meat from the bones. Shred the meat by hand, or chop roughly. Pile the meat on the bun. Top with the slaw and some reduced Bourbon-aki sauce from the pan.
This recipe was prepared on a Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill.
- Serving Size
- 9.82 oz
- per serving
- 71 grams
- 78 grams
- 115 grams
- 2253 milligrams