At All Things BBQ, we like green eggs and ham, do you like them, Sam I Am?
Green Eggs and Ham Burger Recipe
- 1/2 lb 80/20 ground beef
- Chili Dawg’s Green Chile Seasoning
- 2 slices thick cut smoked ham
- 2 fried eggs
- 2 slices sharp white cheddar
- 2 burger buns
- 1 bunch cilantro, thick stems removed
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf Italian parsley, thick stems removed
- 6 green chiles (poblano or anaheim), roasted, peeled & stems removed
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 450ºF and place a cast iron skillet inside. Form the beef into two (1/4 lb) patties. Season the patties with Chili Dawg’s Green Chile Seasoning.
Grill the burgers to an internal temperature of 160ºF (check the temperature using an instant read thermometer like the Maverick PT-75). Melt the cheese over the patties when the meat is nearly done. Also grill the sliced ham to warm through, and toast the buns. Fry the eggs in the skillet, then top with chimichurri sauce.
Assemble the burger: bun, ham, burger patty with cheese, egg and chimichurri.
Place all of the ingredients into the food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are chopped and well combined. Adjust consistency with more olive oil for a looser sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
This recipe was prepared on a Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill.