Honey Butter Glazed Christmas Turkey
- By Tom Jackson
- Nov 8, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Napoleon Prestige P500 Gas Grill for a Honey Butter Glazed Christmas Turkey!
- 14 lb turkey
- 2 lb Cattleman’s Grill Butcher House Brine
- 2 1/2 gallons water
- Yoder Smokers Chicken Rub
- 2 large yellow onions, large dice
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Reida Farm Kansas Wildflower Honey
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp roasted garlic base
Combine the Cattleman’s Grill Butcher House Brine and water in a 22 quart Briner Bucket. Whisk well.
Place the turkey in the bucket, and brine in the refrigerator for 1 hour per pound (14 lb turkey = 14 hour brine).
Remove the turkey from the Briner Bucket. Dry the skin with paper towels. Place on a wire rack over a sheet pan. Place the turkey in the refrigerator uncovered to dry the skin out for 12-24 hours.
Fire up your Napoleon Grill Prestige P500RSIB-3 Gas Grill. Set the burners on one side to high heat (both burners). On the other side, set the burners to low heat (both burners). Place a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet on the hot side and fill with hot water.
Combine injection/glaze ingredients in a marinade shaker or quart mason jar. Blend with an immersion blend until smooth. Pour out half and save for glazing.
Inject the other half of the glaze into the turkey; breasts first, then legs.
Season the turkey over and under the skin with Yoder Smokers Chicken Rub.
Truss the turkey with kitchen twine to hold the legs together and close to the breasts, and hold the wings in tight against the breasts.
| You might also enjoy: Smoked Fried Turkey
Place diced onions in the Lodge Casserole Dish. Place turkey on top of onion. Transfer to grill (low heat side). Pour the apple cider in the casserole pan.
To add smoke, place wood chips in a small foil basket on hot side of the grill. Leave and let smoke. Do not soak chips in water.
| You might also enjoy: Maple Glazed Ham
Try to maintain a temperature of 400ºF-425ºF, adjusting burners as needed.
When the internal temperature reaches about 115ºF, about 90 minutes into the cook, begin glazing the turkey with the reserved honey butter. Pour/brush onto surface of the turkey. Glaze every 20-30 minutes until the bird is fully cooked or the glaze is gone.
Roast until the internal temperature reaches 155ºF in breasts, about 2.5-3 hours total cook time.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- ATBBQ Honey Butter Glazed Christmas Turkey Kit$79.95
- Napoleon Grills Prestige 500 Gas Grill with Infrared Side and Rear Burners, Stainless SteelAs low as
- Cattleman's Grill Butcher House BrineAs low as
- Yoder Smokers Chicken Rub$10.99
- Reida Honey Farm Raw Wildflower HoneyAs low as
- Vitamix Immersion Blender$149.95
- The Briner BucketsAs low as