Grilled Oysters with Cajun Bacon Butter
- By Tom Jackson
- Sep 2, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Aaron Franklin Edition PK Grills PK300AF charcoal grill for Grilled Oysters with Cajun Bacon Butter!
- 16 fresh oysters, shells scrubbed & rinsed, shucked
Cajun Bacon Butter:
- 4 slices bacon, small dice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 each green onions, charred, minced
- 1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Cajun Fusion
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, fine grated on microplane
- 1 1/2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- Zest of 1 lemon
Light a chimney full of lump charcoal. When the charcoal is hot, dump in one half of the PK Grills PK300AF.
Place the diced bacon in a small cast iron pot on the grill. Cook the bacon until crispy, stirring occasionally.
At the same time, grill the green onions with the lid open, just until lightly charred. Remove from the grill and mince finely.
To make the Cajun Bacon Butter, combine the room temperature butter with the crispy diced bacon, charred green onion, along with the Cattleman’s Grill Cajun Fusion, lemon juice and zest, garlic and Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce. Mix well with a fork.
Shuck the oysters, discarding the flat half of the shells.
| You might also enjoy: Fresh Oysters with Charred Mignonette
Dollop 1-2 tsp room temperature Cajun Bacon Butter on top of each oyster.
One by one, transfer the oysters to the grill using tongs. Place them directly over the hot coals.
| You might also enjoy: Cajun Beer Braised Mussels
Cook the oysters until the liquid and butter surrounding the oyster meat is simmering about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the grill.
Eat the oysters as soon as the shell is cool enough to handle.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- PK Grills Aaron Franklin Edition PK300AF Charcoal GrillAs low as
- Kamado Joe Fire Starters$12.99
- FINEX 1QT Cast Iron Sauce Pot$150.00
free shippingOut of stock
- ATBBQ Pan & Jerky Rack$19.99