- By Tom Jackson
- Sep 28, 2021
It's that time of year when we start to think comfort food. Maybe a pot of chili? Perhaps some creamy mac and cheese? How about both at the same time? Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for Chili Mac!
Yield: 10 (1 cup) servings
- 1 lb Creekstone Farms Brisket Blend Ground Beef Burger Pucks
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup poblano, diced
- 1/2 cup jalapeño, diced
- 1 tbsp Killer Hogs Texas Brisket Rub
- 1 1/2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cup Ciao San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup canned beans (kidney, pinto, black), drained, rinsed
- 8 oz macaroni, cooked al dente
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz sharp cheddar, grated
- 8 oz American cheese, diced
- Heat Maverick’s Anti Gravity Hot Sauce
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450ºF, set up for direct grilling. Place a Finex 12” Cast Iron Skillet on the grill to preheat.
With the skillet positioned directly over the flame, add the Creekstone Farms Brisket Blend Ground Beef Burger Pucks to the hot skillet, and break up with a wooden spoon. Also add the onions and peppers to the skillet. Season with 1 tbsp Killer Hogs Texas Brisket Rub, 1 1/2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning and 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika. Stir, then close the lid on the grill.
When the beef is browned and onions start to soften and turn translucent. Add the garlic and tomatoes. Break up the tomatoes with the wooden spoon. Cook for about one minute, then stir in the beans.
Add the heavy cream to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
You might also enjoy: Chili Blanco
Add the cheeses a handful at a time, stirring to melt the cheese before making the next addition. Continue this until all cheese is melted.
Add the par-cooked macaroni noodles to the skillet and carefully stir to coat the noodles. Simmer for about 5 minutes until most of the standing liquid is soaked into the pasta.
Remove from the grill and serve with your favorite toppings (crumbled Mexican cheeses, fresh chives, hot sauce, etc.).
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Boos Block R02 Cherry Cutting Board, 24" x 18" x 1.5"$197.95
- Wusthof Classic 8" Chef's Knife$170.00