Buffalo Salmon Wings
- By Eric Gephart
- May 12, 2022
This elevated dish is a play on the chicken wing and is one of the most fun and delicious recipes to grill. It is also an exhilarating reminder that there is so much more to salmon than just the two fillets!
- 4 each Kvaroy Arctic Salmon Collar with pectoral fin on
- 2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Reida Farm Raw Kansas Wildfire Honey
For the Dump Style Buffalo Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and rough chopped
- 1/4 cup Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
Stabilize your Kamado Joe Classic III and searing accessory at 500ºF. Today I have chosen a Kamado Joe Soap Stone.
Season the Salmon wings liberally. Oil your chosen sear surface and place the seasoned salmon wings skin side down against the hot surface.
Grill for 2 minutes and using a spatula and tongs to support, delicately flip the wing and grill for another 2 minutes. Check regularly to make sure you have even caramelization.
| You might also enjoy: Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
Insert a grill grate on the open side of the grill and place the garlic and hot sauce in a small lodge cast iron pan and allow to come to temperature. Mount the butter in the warmed sauce.
Place the seared salmon wings into the buffalo sauce meat side down. Transfer the pan to the soap stone and close the dome. Allow to “Buffalo Poach” and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove the wings from the sauce. Transfer the Salmon Wings to your presentation plate and drizzle with a bit of the buffalo sauce and honey to finish!
| You might also enjoy: Tacos Gobernador Recipe
If you have a whole fish and want to cut wings:
- Remove the collar from the Salmon.
- Start your cut from the belly, tail side of the pictorial fin leaving the pectoral fin (your wing) as part of the intact collar.
- Proceed toward the gill plate then navigating your way at an angle to the top of head separating the cut from fish.
- Flip the Salmon over and repeat the process.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Kamado Joe Classic III 18" Ceramic Grill with Cart$1,999.00
- Kamado Joe Fire Starters$12.99
- Kamado Joe Classic Joe Half Moon Soapstone Cooking Surface$119.99
- Lodge 8" Cast Iron Skillet$17.95
- Shun Classic 8" Kiritsuke$179.95
- Cattleman's Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada SeasoningAs low as
- Reida Honey Farm Raw Wildflower HoneyAs low as