Brisket & Buffalo Sliders are the perfect way to combine the lean, earthy flavors of buffalo with the fatty, beefiness of brisket! Chef Britt ties it all together with tangy shallot marmalade and a creamy combo sauce!
Brisket & Buffalo Sliders
Yields: 14 – 4.5 oz sliders
- 2 lb brisket
- 2 lb lean buffalo/bison, ground
- 1/4 cup, plus more as needed, Cattleman’s Grill Smoky Chipotle Coffee Steak Rub Seasoning
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup American Stockyard Smoky Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Kozlik’s Triple Crunch Mustard
- 1 lb shallots, sliced thin
- 16 oz red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Beef tallow, or other high-heat oil, as needed
- 16 brioche slider buns (see recipe for Beef Tallow Brioche Buns)
Purchase Items in this Recipe
To make the condiments:
- For the shallot marmalade, thinly slice the shallots, and place into a large saucepan or cast-iron skillet.
- Add red wine vinegar and sugar to the pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stirring occasionally, cook until the shallots become translucent, and the liquid becomes absorbed and thickens slightly. Add salt and pepper to taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Allow to cool and reserve for further use.
- For the combo sauce, simply combine prepared mayo with American Stockyard Smoky Mustard BBQ Sauce and Kozlik’s Triple Crunch Mustard.
To make the custom grind/burger mix:
- Chill the components to your meat grinder, and keep the meat chilled before grinding. Trim excess fat from brisket, if preferred, and slice into strips to pass through the grinder. Feed brisket through the grinder set up with a medium-sized die.
- No more than an hour before grilling your burgers, mix ground brisket and ground buffalo with Cattleman’s Grill Smoky Chipotle Coffee Steak Rub by hand until evenly blended.
- Portion your patties between 4-5 ounces per slider (or desired size for larger burgers) and shape into patties, making them slightly wider than your bun.
- Set up your grill for high-heat, direct grilling, with a cast-iron griddle in place over the heat source. For the Yoder Smokers Pellet Grill, remove the diffuser plate, and put the cast-iron griddle attachment onto the left side and set the temperature to 400-450°F.
- Coat your cast iron griddle with beef tallow, or another high-temperature oil to season.
- Right before grilling the patties, season the outside of each pattie with more Cattleman’s Grill Smoky Chipotle Coffee Steak Rub to achieve an excellent crust while grilling.
- Cook the patties to your desired internal temperature.
- To build the sliders, place a small amount of mayo/mustard combo sauce on the bottom bun, followed by the grilled patty, followed by a small heaping of shallot marmalade, and topped with the remaining bun. Consume and enjoy immediately!