Shun Kanso 6.5" Hollow Ground Nakiri Knife
Nakiri is simply Japanese for "vegetable knife." Both professional chefs and good cooks choose this beautiful and extremely useful tool for fruits or vegetables. Its straight blade, edge, and spine, is a simple push cut. For daily salad preparation or slicing vegetables for stir-fry, it can't be beat. Finely dicing onions is fast, easy, and with the Shun Kanso Nakiri's blunt end, safer, too. The hollow-ground indentations in the blade help food release from the blade more easily, too.
- A traditional Japanese knife for working with vegetables
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Heritage finish hides scratches, gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age
- Hollow-ground indentations help food release from the blade
- Steel: AUS10 high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel
- Contoured tagayasan or wenge wood
- Blade length: 6.5 in. (16.5 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan
Customer Reviews & Questions
Our experts are here to guide you through your purchase.