Jensen Outdoor Classic Ipe Garden Bench with Arms
A natural addition to a winding garden path or an Ipe timber dining table, the Classic Ipe 55" Garden Bench with Arms invites you to linger in classic beauty. Gracefully arched arms and a tastefully curved back offer supportive comfort for long, intimate conversations and hours of peaceful reflection.
This stately showpiece within the Classic Ipe Collection features the finest artisan craftsmanship and the responsible use of 100% FSC certified Ipe timber sustainably sourced from tropical forests in Bolivia. Ipe timber is a highly durable tropical hardwood whose natural weather resistance makes it ideal for outdoor settings. Upon welcoming, Ipe timber flaunts a rich, chocolate brown color that can be maintained for a lifetime, or allowed to gracefully develop a subtle silver patina that takes your outdoor landscape far beyond garden variety.
- Frame crafted from 100% FSC certified, solid Ipe timber sustainably sourced from dry, Bolivian forests.
- Highly durable Ipe timber offers exceptional longevity and naturally withstands weather, moisture, sun and wind.
- A glass-smooth hand finish on the Ipe timber results from a unique, fine-grain sanding technique.
- The chocolate brown color of Ipe timber when new can be easily maintained with simple care, or be allowed to develop a silvery patina for aesthetic versatility.
- Mortise and tenon joinery offer a timelessly finished appearance.
- Curved design with arched arms and ergonomic backrest seats two per bench in a garden or around an Ipe dining table.
- Assembly required. Dowels and hardware is included, tools are not included.
- Height: 37"
- Width: 55"
- Depth: 27"
- Weight: 65 lbs
Protecting New and Newly Cleaned Ipe Furniture:
- In a ventilated area, apply Wood Shield to all clean Ipe surfaces to further protect against water and food stains, then enjoy your new set outside.
As Needed Cleaning Instructions:
- Wash your Ipe wood surfaces with a soft towel and mild dish soap, then rinse clean with water. Once complete, allow to dry.
Restore The Deep Chocolate-Brown ‘As New’ Finish:
Ipe naturally develops an elegant silver patina over time when exposed to the elements. To restore the ‘as new’ chocolate brown finish of Ipe wood, follow our simple color-restoration process:
- To prepare Ipe for a UV-protective coat of Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Cleaner to remove surface dirt, then rinse off with water.
- To brighten and re-establish the pH balance of Ipe wood to best accept the Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Brightener, then rinse off with water and allow to dry completely.
- Apply Penofin® Verde Oil Finish as directed on the can, letting it penetrate for 30 minutes.
- To remove excess oil finish that hasn’t been absorbed by the wood, rub the Ipe surface with smooth rags until dry to the touch. IMPORTANT: Dispose of rags in a metal bucket of water to avoid spontaneous combustion.
- After completely dry, apply Wood Shield to timber to provide additional protection against water and food stains.
Jensen Outdoor warranties to the original purchaser that, for a period of five (5) years (except as specified in our Limited Residential Warranty) of residential use from the date of purchase, under normal use and service conditions, Jensen Outdoor furniture shall be free from defects in workmanship or materials.
For service under this warranty, contact your Jensen Outdoor retailer from whom you purchased the product. Due to your Jensen Outdoor retailer’s service policy requirements, they will need to submit a warranty claim to Jensen Outdoor on your behalf.
When submitting a claim, to your retailer, please supply the following documentation:
- Proof of purchase (copy of receipt)
- The product item number(s)
- A written description of the defect
- Photographs of the full product and close-ups of the warranty issue
Once documentation has been received, evaluated, and deemed defective under this warranty Jensen Outdoor’s sole responsibility shall be, at its option, to repair or replace defective components, to repair or replace defective furniture, or authorize repairs by a third party, and to notify the Retailer of the solution. Should a defective product no longer be available, Jensen Outdoor may replace it with a similar product of equal or greater value.