Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for his loaded twice baked potatoes, the side dish that steals the show!
Twice Baked Potatoes
Indulge in the deliciousness of this recipe for buttery twice baked potatoes, smoky bacon and bright green onion. Our Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes are guaranteed to be the star of your meal!
- 4 large Russet potatoes
Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup sour cream, plus more for topping
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 oz bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Green onions or chives, for topping
For the filling:
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet smoker to 400ºF, set up for indirect grilling.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan. Coat the potatoes in a thin layer of Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then season with the Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning.
- Place the pan of potatoes on the second shelf or the grill and cook until tender all the way through, about 60-90 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Slice the potatoes lengthwise along the top. Squeeze the ends of the potatoes to open them enough to access the flesh of the potatoes. Scoop out the majority of the flesh, leaving a thin layer attached to the skin. Leave the skins on the sheet pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flesh of the potatoes, the butter, half-and-half, sour cream and Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning. Whip the potato filling with a paddle attachment until creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed.
Scoop the filling back into the potato skins. Divide the grated cheddar among the potatoes, pressing it into the top of the filling. Return the pan to the grill. Cook another 20-30 minutes, until the cheese is totally melted and filling just begins to brown on the edges.
- Top each potato with crumbled cooked bacon, green onions and sour cream.
- Serve the Twice Baked Potatoes immediately, or hold warm for service.
- Serving Size
- 6.73 oz
- per serving
- 31 grams
- 17 grams
- 35 grams
- 810 milligrams