In this recipe Chef Tom uses a non-stick Frogmat to roll up a turkey roulade. This will let you grill the roulade without worrying that it will come apart.
Turkey Roulade with Maple Cornbread Stuffing
Discover the chef-style secret to making juicy and succulent Turkey Roulade with Maple Cornbread Stuffing. Get the perfect texture and flavor every time with a Frogmat that lets you roll and grill the roulade without worry!
- 2 turkey breasts
- 4 slices prosciutto
Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade
- 4 cup cornbread, crumbled
- 1/2 cup shallots, sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
For the stuffing:
- Remove the turkey breast from the breastbone if necessary. Pull the skin off and discard. Butterfly the breast, to make a flat, even piece of meat. Marinate in Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade for one hour.
- Meanwhile, over low heat, cook the shallots in a tablespoon of oil, with a pinch of salt until lightly browned. Combine the remaining stuffing ingredients in a bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 325°F. Remove the turkey from the marinade. Wipe off excess marinade. Lay the breast flat on top of the Frogmat. Season the meat with salt. Evenly spread the stuffing over the entire surface of the breast. Place two slices of prosciutto over the stuffing. Roll the breast up.
- Wrap it with the Frogmat. Tie the Frogmat with butcher’s twine. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about one and a half to two hours. Rest 10 minutes. Slice to serve.
- Serving Size
- 11.3 oz
- per serving
- 71 grams
- 76 grams
- 41 grams
- 2270 milligrams