Enjoy this recipe for juicy, smoky Turkey Cordon Bleu. Stuffed with ham and melted Swiss cheese with a crunchy exterior and a tantalizingly savory interior that you won't be able to forget!
Turkey Cordon Bleu
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for Turkey Cordon Bleu! This schnitzel inspired Swiss dish (with a French name) delivers super juicy turkey stuffed with smoky ham and oozing Swiss cheeses with a crispy, crunchy exterior!
- 2 turkey breasts, boneless, skinless
Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade
- 2-4 slices of smoked ham
2 tsp Kozlik’s Dijon Classique Mustard
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) Gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 cups (10 oz) bread crumbs
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
Butterfly the breasts so they are even thickness. One at a time, place the breasts inside a gallon zip top bag, and pound the breast out (flat side of mallet) to 1/4” thickness. Place the flattened breast halves in a container and cover them with the Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade. Marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Pour the bread crumbs in a small sheet pan. Remove breasts from marinade. One by one, coat each breast in bread crumbs on one side. Season the other side with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning.
- Cover the breast with a slice or two of ham. Slather the ham with a teaspoon of Kozlik’s Dijon Classique Mustard. Top the ham with two slices of Swiss. Sprinkle the grated Gruyere over the sliced cheese. Wrap the meat around the cheese, and roll to place the seam on the bottom. Transfer to a parchment lined sheet pan.
Place the sheet pan in the grill and cook at 400ºF until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF, about 70-90 minutes.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 7.9 grams
- .5 grams
- .9 grams
- 38.7 grams
- 10 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4.1 grams
- 472 milligrams
- 100 milligrams