The McRib Sandwich
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for his take on the fast food classic McRib Sandwich.
- 1 rack baby back ribs, cut into 3-4 bone segments
Big Rick’s Jalapeño Honey Mustard
R Butts R Smokin’ Ozark Heat BBQ Rub
- 4 kaiser rolls
Holmes Made Sweet & Spicy Garlic Dill Pickles
- Diced yellow onion
1 cup Plowboys BBQ Sweet 180 BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Reida Farm Wildflower Honey
For the glaze:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 275ºF, set up for smoking.
- Remove the papery membrane from the bone side of the baby back ribs. Slice the rack into 3-4 bone sections.
- Slather the rib sections with the Big Rick’s Jalapeño Honey Mustard. Season on all sides with R Butts R Smokin’ Ozark Heat BBQ Rub.
- Smoke the ribs (bone side down) on the second shelf of the grill until a dark mahogany brown bark is formed, about 3 hours.
- Combine the Plowboys BBQ Sweet 180 BBQ Sauce, apple cider vinegar and Reida Farm Wildflower Honey in a Lodge 8” Cast Iron Griddle.
- Warm the glaze on the grill, then brush the ribs on all sides.
- Transfer the ribs to a foil pan, bone side down. Add about 1/4 cup water to the pan. Cover with a foil lid and return to the smoker. Continue cooking until the ribs are very tender and the bones can be easily removed.
- Remove the bones from the meat and discard. Remove the meat from the foil pan and place directly on the grate. Brush the meat on all sides with the glaze. Continue cooking until the sauce is set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the rib meat from the grill and build the sandwiches.
- To assemble the McRib, spread the bottom half of a toasted kaiser roll with Big Rick’s Jalapeño Honey Mustard. Place the section of rib meat on the bottom bun. Top with diced onions and Holmes Made Sweet & Spicy Garlic Dill Pickles. Spread the top half of the toasted kaiser roll with more of the glaze/sauce and place on top of the onions and pickles.
You might also enjoy: Pork Belly Banh Mi
- Serving Size
- 5.2 oz
- per serving
- 68 grams
- 60 grams
- 84 grams
- 1846 milligrams