If your dog needs more sweet and spice, let us introduce you to The BBQ Dog.
The hot dog is a staple of the BBQ cookout, but often overlooked for its simplicity. Well, there's more than one way to make a dog, and with the right ingredients you can a turn a boring ol' hot dog into the most popular protein at the party!
The BBQ Dog
Try the classic BBQ dog. We show you how to turn the humble hot dog into the most popular protein at the party!
- Preheat your grill for high heat (450ºF) direct grilling.
- Thread a skewer thought the center of the hot link. Using a paring knife, starting at one end of the hot dog, slice down to the skewer at a 45º angle to the dog. Continue cutting down the hot dog, one long continuous cut, so that the cut spirals down the hot dog until you reach the other end of the dog. Remove the skewer.
- Grill the hot link until browned on all sides. The spiral cut will allow the dog to open up, creating more texture and crevices for the condiments to cling to the dog.
- Grill the slabs of red onion until lightly charred and slightly softened.
- Spread one side of the hot dog bun with the Big Rick’s Chipotle Ketchup and the other side with Kozlik’s Carolina BBQ Sauce. Place the hot link in the bun. Top the hot link with the grilled onion rings and Holmes Made Cowboy Candy Jalapeño Relish.
- Serving Size
- 5.64 oz
- per serving
- 33 grams
- 13 grams
- 20 grams
- 1176 milligrams