Thai Red Coconut Curry
Chef Tom fires up the Kamado Joe Ceramic Grill and grills off thin sliced pork shoulder for a grilled then braised Thai Red Coconut Curry.
- 1 lb thin sliced Boston butt pork shoulder
Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade
R Butts R Smokin’ Ozark Heat BBQ Rub
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced 1/2” from stem to tip
- 4 Thai chiles, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro stems, minced
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup cilantro leave, minced
- Place the thin sliced pork should in the Briner Mini 4 quart Briner Bucket. Pour enough Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade over the pork to cover. Lock the plate into place to keep the pork submerged. Marinate for 45-60 minutes.
- Build a hot charcoal bed in your Kamado Joe Classic III. Set up for direct grilling with the grates set up on the lowest setting of the Divide and Conquer system (closest to the coals).
- Remove the pork from the marinade. Remove most of the moisture from the surface of the meat. Season with R Butts R Smokin’ Ozark Heat BBQ Rub.
- Grill the pork over very high heat (500°+) until lightly charred on both sides. Don’t worry about internal temperature. Remove from the grill. Chop into 1/2” pieces.
- Remove the grill grates. Install the wire wok rack in the Divide and Conquer System. Place the Kamado Joe Cast Iron Wok on the wok rack and allow to preheat.
- When the wok is hot, add the coconut oil. When the oil is melted, add onions and cook until starting to brown and soften. Add the mushrooms and peppers. Cook to soften. Add chiles, garlic, cilantro stem. Cook for about 1 minute. Add chopped pork, coconut milk, curry paste and fish sauce. Cook till thickened about 10 min.
- Stir in cilantro leaves. Serve over rice.
You might also enjoy: Chicken Tikka Masala
- Serving Size
- 11.92 oz
- per serving
- 16 grams
- 30 grams
- 59 grams
- 1671 milligrams