Pork chops stuffed with a cheesy pesto is just the thing to serve for dinner tonight! Try this great recipe and impress everybody at the dinner table!
Stuffed Pork Chop on Himalayan Salt Block
Treat your guests to something truly special - an indulgent Stuffed Pork Chop cooked on a Himalayan Salt Block! With a cheesy pesto stuffing, this unique cooking method will add extra flavor for an unforgettable dinner experience.
Charcoal Companion Himalayan Salt Plate
- 2 thick cut pork chops
Cattleman's Grill Italiano Seasoning
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 3 tbsp chopped sweet peppers (in jar)
- 6 tbsp fresh mozzarella, diced
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 200°F, set up for indirect grilling/smoking, with the Charcoal Companion Himalayan Salt Plate on the grill. The salt block must be heated slowly, or it can crack. Once your cooker reaches 200°F give it 10 minutes, then increase the temperature to 250°F. Continue to increase the temperature of the cooker in 50°F increments every 15 minutes until you reach 400°F. If not using a salt block, and cooking directly on the grates, simply heat your cooker to 400°F.
- Slice a pocket in the pork chop, coming in from the side halfway between the top and bottom. Mix your stuffing ingredients in a small bowl. Divide the stuffing between the two chops.
- Push the filling through the slit you made to create the pocket.
- If your slit is long enough that you're worried about losing the filling while it cooks you can use a toothpick to hold the chop together. Lightly dust the outsides of the chops with Cattleman's Grill Italiano Seasoning. Let sit, refrigerated, for 15 minutes.
- Place the chops on the preheated salt block on the grill. Cook the first side until nicely browned, then flip to brown the other, roughly 10 minutes each. The amount of time depends on how hot your salt block is. Watch the color, not the clock. Check the internal temperature. If the temperature has not yet reached 145°F, move the chops to an indirect grilling position, where they won't burn and continue cooking until an internal temperature of 145°F is reached. Pull the meat, cover and rest it 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size
- 6.41 oz
- per serving
- 19 grams
- 50 grams
- 28 grams
- 1067 milligrams