Treat your guests to the ultimate comfort food: Stout Chuck Roast Fajitas! Our original recipe starts with smoking a chuck roast before slow-cooking in Guinness Stout for a rich and hearty flavor. Paired with fresh bell peppers, onions, and jalapeños, this mouth-watering dish is sure to be a hit!
Stout Chuck Roast Fajitas
Tantalize your taste buds with delicious Stout Chuck Roast Fajitas! Enjoy the smoky flavor of a chuck roast first smoked and then cooked in Guinness Extra Stout, combined with juicy bell peppers, onion, and jalapeno.
- 4 lb Chuck roast
- 3 large bell peppers (preferably red, green & yellow), sliced
- 2 yellow (sweet) onions
- 3 large jalapeños cored and sliced into rings
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Rub
- 1 (12 oz) bottle of Guinness Extra Stout
- Heavily season chuck roast with Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride and cook on a grill or smoker indirect in the 250°F-275°F range. If cooking on a pellet, charcoal or wood fired grill pecan wood adds the perfect flavor. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While the roast is cooking, place the remaining ingredients into an oven safe pan.
With the roast at an internal temperature of 165°F (use the Maverick PT-75 thermometer for fast and accurate temperature readings), place into the pan on top of the vegetables, pour the entire contents of the bottle of Guinness into the pan, and cover tightly with foil. Raise cooker temperature to 350°F and cook an additional 2.5 to 3 hours or until roast is fork tender. Once meat is tender, shred all the meat in the liquid and mix thoroughly and continue to cook until the liquid reduces by half.
- Serve meat and vegetables on flour tortillas and top with your favorite cheese and salsa.
- Serving Size
- 12.92 oz
- per serving
- 9 grams
- 76 grams
- 19 grams
- 152 milligrams