Fajitas just got a whole lot better! With a burger in the middle of a tortilla surrounded by melted cheese and fajita veggies, this recipe is a keeper!
Steak Fajita Burger
Grill like the pros and make a delicious steak fajita burger, featuring grilled tortillas for the bun! This easy-to-follow recipe will have you cooking up a savory treat in no time.
- 1 steak of choice, about 1/2 lb
Sweetwater Spice Ancho Chipotle Brisket Bath
Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning
- 1/2 lb 80/20 ground beef
Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed seeded, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
- 2 (8”) flour tortillas
- Place the steak in a zip-top bag with Sweetwater Spice Ancho Chipotle Brisket Bath. Refrigerate 30 minutes to one hour. Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 450°F set up with GrillGrates.
Pat the steak dry, season with Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning. Grill to an internal temperature of 125°F. Rest 5 minutes. Dice steak.
- Place the bell peppers and onion in a foil pan. Toss in oil and season with salt and Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning. Place in the cooker and cook until softened.
- Form the ground beef into two 1/4 lb patties. Season with Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride. Grill to an internal temperature of 160°F (check the temperature using an instant read thermometer like the Maverick PT-75).
- Lay out the tortilla. Place the shredded cheese in the center. Place the burger on the cheese. Top the burger with the fajita veggies and diced steak. Fold the edges of the tortilla up and around the burger to enclose all ingredients. Grill on both sides to crisp tortilla and melt cheese.
- Serving Size
- 19.37 oz
- per serving
- 22 grams
- 79 grams
- 57 grams
- 650 milligrams