Sous vide has taken a jump in popularity lately with the introduction of more and more affordable sous vide units on the market. This has brought the cost of home sous vide down and has introduced the technique to those who had never heard of it mere months ago. Chef Tom takes an amazing Creekstone Farms Master Chef Choice Cowboy Ribeye and sous vides it in the VacMaster SV1 at 49°C and cooks it for an hour and a half. After that he quickly sears it off for flavor on our Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Cooker setup for direct grilling.
Sous Vide Cowboy Cut Ribeye
Experience steakhouse-quality beef at home with this step-by-step guide to making Sous Vide Cowboy Cut Ribeye! Perfect every time, you just need to follow the instructions, then finish off with a quick sear on the grill.
- 1 Creekstone Farms Master Chef Choice Cowboy Ribeye
Cattleman’s Grill Tri-tip Seasoning
- Place your VacMaster SV1 sous vide machine in a properly sized container and fill with water to appropriate level (indicated on the machine). Set the SV1 temperature to 49°C, and the timer to one hour and thirty minutes.
- While the water warms, trim any excess fat or silver skin from the ribeye. Apply the Cattleman’s Grill Tri-tip Seasoning to all surfaces of the steak. Using a vacuum sealer, seal the steak in a bag.
- When the water comes up to temperature the SV1 will notify you. Fully submerge the vacuum sealed bag in the water bath. Hold the play button. The timer will begin. One hour into the cook, preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 425°F, set up for direct grilling with GrillGrates. When the SV1 timer notifies you that the hour and a half is up, remove the bag from the water. Take the steak directly to the grill.
- Remove the steak from the bag and grill on both sides until the internal temperature reaches 130°F. Check the internal temperature with an instant read thermometer. Remove the steak from the grill and rest five minutes before slicing.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 4 grams
- 60 grams
- 68 grams
- 1720 milligrams